The 7 Golden Reasons Why Retailers and Hoteliers MUST use SMS
Category : Blog
This is one fact, which is common among all marketers, how to come up with creative yet cost-effective ways to get our message out to existing and potential customers; whilst also ensuring we get good results from our efforts.
Whatever your product or service is, it’s important to ensure its visible wherever your customers go, with a ratio now of four mobile devices to every computer, it’s clear where our customers are. Mobile marketing is no longer something you can afford to put on the to-do-list for the future; you need to make sure you’re on a mobile device, now.
SMS is a tried, tested and has been around for over 20 years – using it to communicate with customers will ensure your business keeps up with market trends whilst using a reliable method.
According to a study by Simmons National Consumer Study (NCS), 91 percent of Millennials are text messaging during a typical week. Fifty-one percent of Millennials are willing to share their mobile number, if given an incentive. Now isn’t this good enough for you to try SMS out if you have considered it yet, but please ensure you hire the services of a SMS Marketing Professional and not some Bulk SMS provider – the proof will be seen in the result!
I have decided this week to put some thoughts and listed out The 7 Golden Reasons Why Retailers and Hoteliers MUST use SMS keeping in mind the Holy Month of Ramadan is round the corner and no better time for brands to wish their customers (old and potential) while inviting them with the best deals in town.
1. Greet Your Customers – Who would not like to receive a Personalized Greeting on a special occasion or their birthday’s – Go a step further and make them feel special by offering them something FREE on this day?
2.Text customers with special offers – If you have an upcoming sale , then message your customer to let them know you have an upcoming sale, when it will finish, how they take advantage of it and what they will save. The results will prove how your customers love to hear this first.
3. Purchase and delivery notifications – Nothing is more welcome than receiving a text message after someone has made a purchase on your website thanking them and giving them details of their purchase. This can then be followed up with delivery notifications, making your customer experience even better.
4. Ensure to get customers through the door – This is something, which must be tried more often than ever, if you want more people to come back to your store, text them an offer that they can only obtain if they show the cashier, this could lead to those all-important impulse buys.
5. Announce your new arrivals – Is your new season in? Or do you have a great new range that you want to boast about? Then text your customers and let them know.
6. SMS loyalty programs – Allow customers to sign up to an SMS loyalty programme. Send them exclusive offers and texts when new products will be released that they can only get with your SMS loyalty programme.
7. SMS Surveys – After a customer has made a purchase, send them an SMS survey with a couple of questions on asking how their experience was. Getting a better understanding of what your strengths and weaknesses are.
SMS is a really simple and accessible way of engaging with each other and with an open rate of 98%, it is heads and shoulders above any other communication method in terms of read rate. – still unsure?
SMS Texting has never been better than in recent times with more and more brands jumping on the band-wagon but now with a more scientific approach!
If you are convinced that SMS can help your business, be it in the Retail / Hospitality sector or another, you can set up an account with the oldest TRA regulated company directly connected to both mobile network operators (Etisalat and Du) in UAE by calling 06-7471888 or email [email protected] detailing your needs.